Get a detailed look at the enhancements brought to the CL language from i5/OS V5R3 through IBM i 7.1.
- See examples of the new functions like DOFOR, DOWHILE, DOUNTIL and SELECT, and how they allow programming CL in a much more structured format.
- Learn about the many new process flow options and variable types in the CL language such as integer, signed integer, and pointer variables and how to use them.
- Get tips on how to simplify the compiling of CL programs and command objects.
- Find out how to provide direct feedback to IBM on your needs for the CL language -- they want to know if these changes are helping you and what to enhance next.
- What IBM has added to the language in the last several releases.
- How to leverage some of these enhancements to better access user spaces and APIs
- What IBM has added to Command objects in recent releases.
IBM i Developers and System Administrators.
This session is intermediate to advanced.